I was speaking to someone yesterday about how I often have “blonde moments” where I find the most ridiculous things and I was reminded of a particular favorite – the time I was doing the crossword and there was a clue which referenced “Djibouti”, a country in the “horn of Africa”. Some people might agree that this is a funny name for a country, possibly no funnier than Bangkok or Lake Titikaka, but I don’t think anyone has quite run with it like I have ; p
So without further ado – my Djibouti (pronounced jee-boo-ti, in case you hadn’t picked up on the joke yet) Jokes – sorry to any Djiboutians for making you the butt of my jokes (ha!):
- Is it really hot in Djibouti?
- I would really like to visit Djibouti.
- I enjoy being in Djibouti.
- I once lost my passport and got stuck in Djibouti
- Djibouti is really beautiful in the moonlight
- How big is Djibouti?
- When it rains, does Djibouti get wet?
- Pirates are particularly attracted to Djibouti
- Djibouti shakes really hard when there’s an earthquake
- Did you hear about the explosion? Yeah apparently there was a massive bang in Djibouti yesterday!
- Women don’t like it when you try to enter Djibouti
- Do I need protection if I’m in Djibouti?
- Is it crowded in Djibouti?
There are a lot more, but I decided to stay away from the particularly crude ones ; p
Anyone got more?